Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When The Mood Strikes

I am in a cleaning frenzy. The truth is that these moods don't come along very often and I need to take full advantage of them when they appear. My house is a fantastic mess. I lose interest in projects long before they are completed- even "projects" as simple as scrubbing the bathtub. Dishes stay in the sink, mostly because I loathe unloading the diswasher (loading- fine, unloading- not so much) and my family will forage through baskets of clean laundry for days before I get the urge to fold anything.

So today I find myself in posession of the rare desire to scrub somethinbg until it sparkles. I know! The stove! I will need a sponge. And a cleaning agent of some kind. And to disassemble the burners. This is going to be a tough job, but I am ready! I should really finish thinking this through before I begin- to ensure that maybe I will actually finish. What else could I need? And then I remember that an old toothbrush could be an effective scrubbing tool. Perfect! I will go and search for one!

Alas, my house seems to be old-toothbrush-free. Which brings me to this moment in time- standing in my bathroom staring at my pink Oral-B and wondering:

      Just how much Comet would be "unsafe" to brush my teeth with this evening?

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Comet is the secret ingredient in those "whitening" toothpastes. On the plus side, you will have a nice bright smile for your funeral.


    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make the instructions I gave to the mortician to "give me a smiley face" soooo much more pleasant to comply with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. making me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete